Reserved Grooming Information
Welcome to our information page for reserved grooming. Our club has automated the reserved grooming process for our events. Below you will see our reserved grooming diagram. If you desire you can download the diagram. Use the diagram to find the spot(s) you would like to reserve.
Reserved Grooming the Old Way
In the past, the way reserved grooming worked was you first had to find the premium. Then you have to find the reserved grooming information in the premium. Then you have to cut out the reservation form. Then you have to fill it out, write a check, get it in the mail and then wait to see if you even have a space.
Our Way of Handling Reserved Grooming
Our way to handle reserved grooming is to totally automate it. The process is fast, easy, and you will love it. Here is the process.
1) Use the diagram to find the spaces you would like to have.
2) Go to the reservation form and see if your desired spaces are available.
- If they are available then proceed with making your reservation.
- If they aren't then you will have to select other spots.
3) Finish the form. You will go to PayPal where you can pay your fees.
4) As soon as your fees ae paid and confirmed (usually five minutes) you will receive an email confirmation of your reservation.
5) Make sure you take your receipt/reservation email with you and have it at your setup.
6) Cost per space is $40.00 plus PayPal fees.
Reserved Grooming Diagram
Our reserved grooming is divided into 12 sections with 20 spaces per sections. Each section has 20 spaces for a total of 240 spaces.
1) Each space is 10 X 10 feet.
2) Electric has electric available.
3) The building has heat and air.
The show site will be available to exhibitors at 4:00 pm on Tuesday. Doors will be locked at 11:00 pm each night and will be opened at 6:00 am each morning. There will be guards on duty during the shut down period, however the Heart of America Dog Show Cluster will not assume any responsibility regarding loss, injury or theft of dogs and equipment left unattended
RESERVED ELECTRIC -- PLEASE READ BELOW! We continue to have a reduced electric fee of $65.00 per outlet for 2022, however there are a limited number of plugs available. FEE FOR ELECTRIC IS SEPARATE FROM THE RESERVED GROOMING SPACE FEE. The Heart of America Kennel Club, Inc. and the Your Kennel Club, Inc. reserves the right to assign grooming spaces as needed to meet local regulations and will refuse space to anyone who does not comply with requests of Club members and their representatives.
EVERYONE MUST FOLLOW THESE IMPORTANT NEW RULES!
• Minimum 14 gauge extension cords shall be used to extend electrical service.
• Extension cords shall be plugged directly into an electrical outlet and shall, except for approved multi-plug extension cords, serve only one portable appliance.
• The ampacity of the extension cords shall not be less than the rated capacity of the portable appliance supplied by the cord.
• Any cord across an aisle, MUST be taped down with duct tape.
• NO EXERCISE PENS allowed in any building other than the Bubble (Centennial Bldg) and those MUST have underlayment and be kept clean at all times.
• Spaces are “approximately” 10x10. The fee covers Friday through Monday. There is no reduction in fee for fewer days.
• There will be a limited amount of “Day of Show” grooming space with power. All equipment MUST be removed at the end of the day or will be confiscated.
• Acknowledgement will be EMAILED ONLY, so please be sure and put your email address (legibly written) on the form.
• NEW: There are NO Dogs allowed to be left in any buildings on the showgrounds overnight
• Note: There is no school bus service from RV lots to Show Plex and Grooming
• Buildings will be available for setup on Friday at 11:00AM. PLEASE do not try to get in before this time.
FROM OLYMPIA AND THE SOUTH: Take I-5 North to Hwy. 512, Exit 127. Follow Hwy. 512 east for 10 miles to the Meridian St., S. Exit. Turn left under the freeway. Fairgrounds are on the left.
FROM SEATTLE AND THE NORTH: Take I-5 South to the Puyallup Exit #142B in Federal Way. As exiting, stay in the left lane. Turn right at the traffic light at the end of the exit ramp, then turn left at the first traffic light onto Hwy. 161. Travel approximately eight miles into the Puyallup Valley (Hwy. 161 becomes Meridian St. in Puyallup). Continue south through town. The Fairgrounds will be on your right at 9th Ave. S.W.
FROM BELLEVUE AND THE EASTSIDE: Take I-90 to I-405 South. Take Exit 2 to Hwy. 167 toward Kent/Auburn. Travel South on Hwy. 167 for approximately 20.2 miles to Hwy. 161 South/Hwy. 512 W. Travel 2.3 miles to the second exit, Meridian St. S. At the light at the end of the exit turn right. Fairgrounds are on the left. FROM SEATAC AIRPORT:
Option 1: Depart airport, taking exit to I-5 and I-405. Follow signs to I-405 Northbound toward Renton and Bellevue. Take Exit 2, Hwy. 167 South toward Kent/Auburn. Travel south on Hwy. 167 for 20.2 miles to 161 South/512 West. Follow Hwy. 512 West to Puyallup and Olympia, traveling 2.3 miles. Take the second exit, Meridian Street South. Turn right at the light at the end of the exit. The fairgrounds are on the left, on the corner of Ninth and Meridian (Cattin’s Restaurant is on the corner). Option 2: Take I-5 south to the Puyallup Exit #142B in Federal Way. As exiting, stay in the left lane. Turn right at the traffic light at the end of the exit ramp, then turn left at the first traffic light onto Hwy 161. Travel approximately eight miles into Puyallup Valley. (Hwy. 161 becomes Meridian Street in Puyallup). Continue south through town. The Fairgrounds are on the corner of Meridian and 9th Ave. S.W. (Cattins Restaurant is on the corner).